Did You Attend Our Training and Want a Copy of Something You Saw?
- For PFLAG Chapters Only: Supporting Families with Trans and Gender Non-conforming Children is a link to this presentation to Google Drive.
- Powerful Parenting: Protecting Your Children from Hidden Harm is a PDF version of the slides we use in training parents how to support their children’s understanding of their own romantic orientation and gender identity and expression.
- Welcoming Families of Trans and Gender Creative Kids to PFLAG, also can be found online at www.GenderCreative.org. Save this document as your own, and edit it to suit your local environment.
- Transgender People and the Spectrum of Human Experience
- Finding Ourselves on the Gender Spectrum
- National Trans Support Resources (Word doc. 2011)
- Transgender Experience in Books and Movies is a short compilation of print and video resources to provide insight and open the conversation about gender. It is aimed primarily at children, young adults and parents.
Video Training Resources
- Faces & Facets of Transgender Experience, a documentary of trans adult and children experience, by PFLAG Colorado, for $15, which includes shipping and a facilitation guide.
- Becoming Me, a documentary on eight trans and gender nonconforming children, ages 5 – 21, and their families
Understanding Gender in Children Brochures
If you are a PFLAG Chapter and would like a customized version of these brochures for your chapter, reach out to Catherine Hyde at email@example.com.
- Gender Creative Children is a brochure for parents and care givers about toddlers and young children who are expressing gender beyond the traditional binary
- Gender Creative Youth is a brochure for parents of older children, middle and high schoolers, who are expressing gender beyond the traditional binary
Resources for Educators
- Making School Safe for LGBT Children is a PDF version of the slides we used in training student services professionals at Carroll, Howard, Montgomery and Anne Arundel County schools.
- 10 Reasons Why Schools Benefit from GSAs
- Responding to Gay Slurs and Gender Creative Kids helps educators and other adult leaders feel empowered to speak up and reach out to support all children.
- Human Rights Campaign and Gender Spectrum report on Supporting and Caring for Our Gender Expansive Youth helps professionals understand the special needs and heightened risks for these children.