Trans & Gender Creative
PFLAG prides itself on being the first national organization to ensure that all of our policies are transgender inclusive. If you or your family member is transgender or gender nonconforming, you have a home at PFLAG.
Gender Conference East is dedicated to creating a safe and supportive space dedicated to the needs of children and youth across the gender spectrum, their families and the professionals who support them. Check out our video from the 2014 conference.
Gender is such an intrinsic part of who we are, and our gender identity is often very clear from a very young age. And when our internal sense of our gender does not match the gender we were assigned at birth, society can be very cruel. Whether you are an adult who is looking to transition or who has already transitioned, a child who is questioning your gender identity or a parent or family member of a transgender or gender nonconforming person, we can help you better understand this amazing and magical facet of the human experience.
- Download Welcoming Parents of Trans and Gender Nonconforming Children to PFLAG
- View a documentary, Becoming Me, that showcases eight transgender and gender nonconforming children.
- John Oliver’s amazing segment on the transgender community.
- Read this to better understand the experience of body dysphoria.
- Dr. Johanna Olson, of Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, did 24 wonderful videos about trans and gender non-conforming children. Great introduction and tips for a multitude of aspects of raising our magical kids. You have to sign in to watch, but so very worth it!
- Browse our library for books and movies you can borrow, for yourself and for your family.
- Invite a member of our Speakers Bureau to present for your workplace or your congregation.
- Just need to talk for now? Reach out to our Transgender Network Coordinator, Catherine V. Hyde, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410.493.3443.
Support with Transition Costs
- The Jim Collins Foundation provides grants to transgender individuals who need, but cannot afford, gender-confirming surgeries.
- T.U.F.F., Trans United with Family and Friends, provides financial assistance towards transition costs for transgender individuals.