- Recognize outstanding lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBTQ+) and allied students
- Encourage the pursuit of post-secondary education for self-identified LGBTQ+ and allies
- Foster a positive image of the LGBTQ+ society
- Self-identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBTQ+) or as an ally who demonstrates outstanding support directly to LGBTQ+ society and supports equality for all.
- A resident of the state of Maryland who is currently attending, or planning to attend, a post-secondary educational institution during the 2019-2020 academic year, or
- Maryland Residency is NOT a requirement for a student currently attending, or planning to attend, a Maryland post-secondary educational institution during the 2018-2019 academic year
- Must fully complete a Columbia-Howard County PFLAG Scholarship application and submit all required supplemental forms
- Cannot be receiving full tuition remission from other sources to fund the education (e.g., other full-tuition scholarships, established college trust fund, etc.)
- Cannot be a prior recipient of the Columbia-Howard County PFLAG Scholarship
The Scholarship Selection Committee will review all applications at one time when making their final decision. All applicants will be informed via U.S. Postal Service of the scholarship committee’s decision. The scholarship recipient will be publicly announced at the general meeting in May (May 14), and attendance at this meeting is mandatory. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.